AI is a rapidly growing field with a variety of job opportunities available. From research and data analytics to consulting and software engineering, the options are diverse. Here’s a closer look at some of the jobs available in the AI industry.
- AI Research Scientist: These scientists study AI and machine learning to understand what is and isn’t working. They may develop new algorithms to solve problems and work in a college campus or research institute. According to Glassdoor, the pay range for these scientists varies, with an average salary of $121,393 per year.
- AI Data Analytics: Data analytics is a crucial aspect of AI, and managing the data provided to AI-powered programs is essential for obtaining desired outcomes. With proper training, a career in AI data analytics can be lucrative, with an average salary of $64,680 per year.
- AI Consultant: If you’re tech-savvy but not overly technical, an AI consultant role could be a good fit. As a consultant, you’ll have a solid understanding of how AI works and help businesses harness its power for more efficient outcomes. Specialization in a particular field is typically required.
- Software Engineering for AI: AI heavily relies on software engineers to develop AI-powered programs. With a background in software engineering, you could transition well into a career in AI. According to Indeed, software engineers earn an average salary of $112,433 per year, with higher salaries possible for those working with AI.
- AI Sales: AI-powered tools are revolutionizing various industries, and an AI sales role involves helping customers understand and use these tools. AI sales positions typically focus on a single product in a given industry.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in AI, it’s important to build on your technical skills and consider combining AI with another field, such as healthcare, to increase your chances of success.